- Show opening was pretty good, featured all drivers, not just the top stars. Camera set up is great, especially like the various in car-cameras. Announcers seem a lot more knowledgeable then their F1 counterparts.
- Dare I say it? These IRL cars may actually be better looking then it's F1 counterpart this year .... I said maybe!
- Drama on the first lap, poles sitter Graham Rahal bumped at the start and drops to the middle of the pack.
- Justin Wilson in the Sonny's BBQ car of Dale Coyne? That just does not look right. I'm missing Bruno already....
- Nice to see Dario Franchitti back where he belongs, running with the top dogs right from the start.
- Will Power in a Penske ... here's his chance to finally prove to everyone what he can do with the right car ... oh the possibilities.
- The Princess (aka Danica Patrick) has crashed out again. Can't really tell what happened, sounds like she may of contributed to the crash, but as usual takes no responsibility for her actions.
- Yellow lap 55, pace car out, picks up the leader without a hitch. You guys in F1 watching this.
- Funny, everyone else seems to know not to turn in when there is someone else beside you ... mmm, over to you Danica.
- Lap 78 ... Tony Kanaan, quietly lurking, ready to pounce, always a threat.
- Lap 81 ... Scott Dixion gets crunched by Hideki Mutoh ... Dixion stuck his nose into the corner and Mutoh closed the door ... day done ... Tony Kanaan picks up 5th.
- 15 laps to go ... restart mayhem ... Brisco takes Wilson on the restart ... contact midfield between Dan Wheldon and Robert Doornbos .... Doornbos comes out the winner ... Ryan Hunter-Reay gets by Wilson for second before back to full course yellow.
- 8 Laps to go ... clean restart ... looks like its between Brisco and Hunter-Reay for first and second ... Wilson in third not a threat.
- Ryan Hunter-Reay who only got his seat confirmed with Vision Racing last week is running second, what were they thinking?
- 4 Laps to go ... Alex Tagliani sticks his noes where it doesn't belong ... Marco Andretti doesn't have a chance ... Tags keeps going, Marco stalls it right in the middle of the track bringing out full course yellow ... safety team gets Marco going before the safety car has to come out ... back to green flag racing.
- Final lap ... Ryan Brisco wins. Ryan Hunter-Reay second, Justin Wilson third.
Full race results, here.
picture courtesy of http://www.indycar.com