Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Europe Day 16: Verona ...

We started our day off in Verona ...


... which is in northern Italy.
Our hotel was located right in the city center and walking distance to everything we wanted to see and it had, appropriately enough, a balcony. Not bad for 89 euros.



First stop the football stadium undergoing some sort of renovation ...




... then it was off to Juliette's house.




We found the spot from the movie, "Letters to Juliette", 



but when we asked people about it, everyone claimed to have not seen the movie, or claimed to not know what we were talking about. I thought this was a little strange, but I looked around and this is what I found ...
I will let you decide for yourself.













Then it was off to Romeo's house. Strangely, the only place that is actually real in this whole story, was devoid of crowds and nothing really, compared to his girlfriends house.






Leave it to the make-believe girl to get all the attention.



As you can see below, they take their make-believe lovers very seriously in Verona.


Then we walked around town to see the rest of the sights ...













Juliette's tomb.



We even found a real castle.


















I'm not sure if it what it was about Verona, but I really liked this city.

2 comments:

purple said...

I bet Juliettes boobs were as firm as an 18 year olds!

Mad Mal and Hobbes (and calvin too!) said...

I'm never going to tell.
You will just have to go and find out for yourself!