Sunday, November 29, 2009

Funny People

I saw the movie "Funny People" the other day and was pleasantly surprised. It's all about a famous comedian on top of his game, who finds out he has a serious illness, and is forced to reevaluate his life.
Its no surprise that Adam Sandler plays the famous comedian, and for once it is territory that he is familiar with, and because of this, he finally manages to show his serious side in this "dramatic comedy". I mean how hard is it to play yourself?
Seth Rogan also shows he is capable of playing more than just the fun loving pot smoking high guy, as Sandler's assistant and as it turns out, only real friend in the movie.
I'm glad I didn't see this in the theatre, but for a rental it wasn't bad. A bit long, but worth the effort if you make it to the end.
I enjoyed this one and give it a 7 out of 10.

No comments: