Monday, November 23, 2009

Banning The Border Collie

There is talk of creating an anything but border collie Championship in dog agility competitions because quite frankly, they are too good and win all the contests.
Check it out:

"Last weekend I watched the online broadcast of the United States Dog Agility Association’s Cynosport World Games. As usual, the finals for the top jump heights (above 20”) were dominated by Border Collies.
I have to admit, I love watching the powerful black and white blurs fly through an agility course, but it is refreshing to see a variety of breeds compete, which doesn’t happen very often at the top levels of competition.
Following the games, there’s been a lot of talk about wanting the USDAA to create an Anything but Border Collie (ABC) championship, a class that already exists in the United Kingdom."

You can read the full article here: "Anything But A Border Collie", courtesy of The Bark

As I owner of two border collies, I find this article kind of funny. I know how smart this breed is and combined with their incredible speed, I'm not surprised that these guys are kings when it comes to agility competitions.
Or maybe I'm just biased.
picture courtesy of The Bark

No comments: