Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Martin Streek Dead

It was announced early this morning that Martin Streek was dead. You may remember a little while back, Streek had been let go from Edge 102, formerly CFNY, the spirit of radio, after 20 years as a DJ.

Here is the post I wrote about it.

And here is what some of the other bloggers are writing about it.

I'm not sure how to write this one, so I'm just going to tell you what I know.
As a long time fan of CFNY / Edge 102,
I was sad to learn recently that Martin Streek had been fired after over 20 years of service. As of this writing, that entry had 88 comments from others who wanted to wish Martin well. Soon enough, Martin Streek himself chimed in to say thanks.

Thank to those of you who made comments, both good and bad...either way, it's proof that you listened and/or cared about the scene I/we were part of...

Earlier today, Martin Streek updated his Facebook status message with words that sound so ominous now. This, it turns out, is Martin's farewell to the world.

So...I guess that's it...thanks everyone...I'm sorry to those I should be sorry to, I love you to those that I love, and I will see you all again soon (not too soon though)... Let the stories begin.

It has been reported that Martin Streek committed suicide. That is messed up.
info. courtesy of Toronto Mike.

No comments: