Friday, July 17, 2009

Green Day At Copps

The wife and I went to see Green Day at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton last night. It was my second time seeing the band and my wife's first. When I saw them the first time in Toronto, I was blown away by how good they were live. And again last night, they did not disappoint; last nights show lasted close to 2 and a half hours. There is a lot of audience interaction at a Green Day show. Billy Joe brought people up on stage numerous times to help sing songs, squirt the audience with water, get baptised and they even let some kid play an entire song with the band on guitar while Armstrong sang along. Green Day rocked the house, and then brought it crashing down. This show, as well as the last one I saw, has put Green Day in my top 10 concerts of all time. We had general admission floors, which put us about 50 feet from the stage. It was the closest I have ever been to the stage before, and man was it worth it.
Oh and the wife, who was not a Green Day fan before the show, is now.
Here are some pictures I took from the show last night.
Enjoy.

Billy Joe brought this kid up on stage to "baptise him".Me and the wife with Green Day in the background, doing their thing.Crowd surfing in the mosh pit.All these shots were taken with my Canon point and shoot, which my wife snuck in for me. But as you can see in a lot of my shots, there were a lot of point and shoots there. I'm pretty impressed with the results.

No comments: