Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tiger Eats Humble Pie

Eight days after he jokingly insulted hockey players and fans by saying, "I don't think anybody really watches hockey any more," Tiger Woods clarified the statement he made while taking part in a news conference via satellite at Oakland Hills on June 2.
"Oh, yeah, I've gotten a lot of grief over that," Woods said Tuesday at Torrey Pines. "I love the sport. I love watching it, but I don't like watching it on TV. In person it's absolutely incredible, what they're able to do and what they can do. TV doesn't do justice to that. But then neither does -- a lot of sports are the same way.
"It is what it is. I said what I said, and I was trying to be funny about it, but people didn't perceive it that way."

... Said the "athlete" who had to get knee surgery after injuring himself walking 18 holes.
Everybody now ...Whatever!

No comments: