Monday, June 30, 2008

KaPow!!

So I went for a ride this morning and got hit by a Parks and Rec pick-up truck while on the bike trail. We were both headed in the same direction, me coming up from behind. So he moves from the centre of the bike lane to the right side. I think he is making room for me, so I go left. And then as I am almost up to his driver's side window, he starts turning into me. First the side view mirror clipped me, then the side of the door and then I was somersaulting through the air. Thankfully I got pushed off the paved path onto wet grass so the impact wasn't as bad as it could of been. And here's a lesson for all you kids out there, wear a helmet. Because I was seeing stars when I got up. Long story short, no serious damage to me, except for a headache and some soreness. My helmet is a write off, but it did it's job. My bike looks OK too, but I am waiting for final word from the pro's at the bike shop.
What a great way to start your Monday morning!

No comments: