Friday, February 29, 2008

Childhood Memories

Do you remember the CBC show Mr Dressup?
The show aired every weekday morning, and each day Mr. Dressup would lead children through a series of songs, stories, arts, crafts and imagination games, with the help of his friends Casey and Finnegan, a boy and a dog who lived in a treehouse in the back yard. The set for the show included the inside of Mr. Dressup's house, with scenes shot in the living room, kitchen, and a kind of play room that included the Tickle Trunk (where costumes used in make-believe skits were stored) and a long counter where Casey and Finnegan often appeared. Sometimes, the action moved outside to Casey and Finnegan's treehouse.
Mr. Dressup's most famous segment featured his Tickle Trunk, from which he would get a costume. It might be an animal costume, or a policeman's or fireman's uniform, or some other outfit in which he could dress up
and play whatever role was suggested by the costume.
I used to watch alot of TV when I was a kid. I sometimes kid and say my baby sitter was the TV set, and to some degree it was true. I used to love this show. So imagine my surprise when I walked by this set piece on display at the CBC. It was like walking past a part of my childhood. And of course I had to get a picture beside it.
info courtesy of http://en.wikipedia.org

No comments: