Friday, February 22, 2008

2008 Toronto Auto Show

Took in the 2008 Toronto Auto show yesterday afternoon with a buddy of mine. I had planned to go in and scope out the best $25,000 and under car, the best $50,000 and under and the best if money was no object car and blog about it. Then I realized, who really cares? Do I review cars for a living? Then why would anyone care what I thought, right? So instead, I have decided to show you the things that I thought were cool about this year's auto show, enjoy...
A look at the complex steering wheel of the Toyota F1 car.
If it's so "smart" why does it cost $21,000 and only have room for 2 people and maybe a couple of bags of groceries in the trunk (if you can call it that!)A picture of me and my first car! Really, this was what my first car looked like. A 1978 Honda Civic CVCC. I owned mine when I was 17, I'll let you do the math!Notice the sleek lines......and the sporty interior.The new Mazda Miata, or as it's now called, the MX-5. Check out the cool retractable hardtop. Would make for awesome summer cruising.However not a very practical car for our needs. Not too sure where you would put 2 dogs...And as usual, my choice for best car that I would actually put money down to buy; the VW Golf GTI. Surprised? I didn't think so.And now we're talking more my speed. Love the bike rack, and the bike. Wrap it up!In the category of say it isn't so, or maybe better late then never ... the new VW mini-van.And again, surprising no one I'm sure, my pick for an SUV that I would put money down to buy. The new VW Tiguan. Can you say brand loyalty? Sorry about the crappy picture, but it's about about the size of the Honda CRV and its priced at $29,000 to start. Where do I sign?
I thought this was a super cool option for the Toyota FJ Cruiser.
Yup, it's long enough for even my buddy Tony to sleep up there comfortably.
And my personal favorite of the 2008 Toronto Auto show. The new kid on the block, Ferrari and Porsche killer ... 420 hp ... 0 to 60 in 4.6 seconds ... the Audi R8 ... sweeeeeeeeeeet! Love the glass engine cover.

No comments: