Sunday, December 9, 2007

imagine

It was twenty-seven years ago last night that John Lennon was shot four times in the back by Mark Chapman. He died shortly after.
I was never really a Beatles fan or a John Lennon fan, but it was one of those moments in history that you will always remember.
I was 10 years old, and I remember riding with my mom in our car when we heard the news on the radio. I remember exactly where we were and how dark and rainy it was that night. I was quite young at the time, and I knew the Beatles were famous and that this was a significant event, but only years later would I realize just how significant it was.
27 years ago yesterday the world lost John Lennon to the bullet of an assassin's gun, and the world of music has been poorer for it ever since...

No comments: