Friday, December 28, 2007

Facebook, you're OK!

I am on Facebook. And for me its been a love/hate kind of relationship. Its great to reconnect with friends from your past, and at the same time sometimes there are friends from your past that you just don't want to reconnect with. Facebook doesn't differentiate between either so its up to you to decide who to be friends with and who to ignore. I have no problem ignoring request for friendship from those I don't know or don't want know again. My problem is that it is a great big time waster. Sometimes I'm conflicted between writing on the blog or surfing Facebook. And I'm ashamed to admit, when I'm at a loss for what to post, I head over to Facebook instead. I enjoy it, but its almost like a guilty pleasure for me...
But for the second time in less then a month, Facebook has been the cause of two reunions with friends I haven't seen since high school. Yesterday a few of us got together for some drinks to catch up with an old buddy of ours, Dave Shacket. Its amazing to know that even though its been almost 20 years since we graduated, those guys that you were friends with back then, are still as cool as ever now. And I owe it all to Facebook...

2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

I do my L'Olympique Lyon football stuff on facebook. Like yours it's a nice place of like minded people to gather.

A few posts down on your blog I see my Mini Cooper twin. Is that red one yours?

I combined a winter solstace with the full moon fiasco ride this month. It won't be long before it's light enough to work commute again. I figure three or four weeks.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Mad Mal and Hobbes (and calvin too!) said...

Alas the Mini is not mine. Just a random car on a street near home.