Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bitch Slapped By The Insurance Company

My auto insurance was up for renewal, so yesterday when I got a call from my insurance company I wasn't surprised.
However, what they told me, shocked me.
"Mr Thomas we regret to inform you that we not be renewing your policy due to the 4 minor convictions on your record."
Boom!
Just like that, no warning, no letter, no call, just thank you and good-bye.
Welcome to the world of high risk insurance, or as they call it, facilitators insurance.
WTF?
What just happened and how?!?
Turns out, two speeding tickets, no points, two and a half years ago, a failure to obey a street sign, no points, a year and a half ago and a failure to come to a full stop, no points, a year ago, is all it will take to get you dropped by your insurance company.
(As I've since found out, every regular insurance company has a three convictions in three years drop policy. You have been warned!)
After 15 years of being a loyal customer, never missing a payment or even making a late payment, this is the treatment I get.
In six months my two speeding tickets will be dropped from my insurance record. Do you think that they would cut me a break, maybe jack my rates up till then, put me on some sort of probation?
Nope, dropped like a hot potato.
How's that for loyalty.

No comments: