Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Watchmen

I saw the latest Hollywood comic book adaptation, the Watchmen last night with the wife and I got to tell you, I'm glad I didn't actually pay real money to see it. I went into this movie with no knowledge of the comic book history, and usually I find this to be a good thing because then I don't have to sit through a story that everyone knows, but still the movie maker insists on showing it. But in this case I was wrong. If you were not a fan of the comic book then you will not be able to appreciate the movie fully ... like me. I'm told that it follows pretty closely to the spirit of the original story, but half way through the two and a half hour marathon I realized I didn't care. Visually, pretty stunning, but that too wore off well before the half-way mark.
I recommend you wait for the DVD, or try another movie if you haven't already seen this one. I give The Watchman a 6 out of 10, and that's no joke...

No comments: