Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"No Line On The Horizon" Reviewed

Even before the first lyric is sung, you can tell by the distinct guitar sound that this is unmistakeably U2. And then Bono begins to sing... Yes, ladies and gentleman, the boys from Ireland are back with their 12th studio album, "No Line On The Horizon" and let me tell you, it was worth the wait.
I went out first thing this morning and bought the CD. (That's right, I'm old school like that. I like to be able to read the liner notes while I listen to a new album from a band I like.)
And after listening to the entire album, I can definitely say this is as relevant as anything out there on the radio today.
An early favorite of mine is Breathe, (which they coincidentally played yesterday on Letterman.)
It's a little harder and edgier then their last couple of albums. But that sound that you have come to expect from U2, the heavy bass and the angry guitar and Bono being Bono, well lets say you won't be disappointed.
But then again, I may be a little bit biased.
This is one of those albums that will just keep getting better and better each time you hear it.
Not their best album, but a pretty good effort none the less.
I give it a 7 out of 10.

No comments: