Monday, January 26, 2009

Jersey Boys

It was definitely a weekend of culture for the wife and I. First it was the AGO on Saturday (see post below), and then on Sunday, it was a matinee performance of Jersey Boys.And before you start laughing, I got to tell you, I really enjoyed the show. Jersey Boys is the story of four guys from the wrong side of the tracks --Frankie Valli, Bob Gaudio, Tommy DeVito and Nick Massi (The Four Seasons) -- who became one of the biggest American pop music sensations of all time. It is the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, a group who wrote their own songs and sold 175 million records worldwide -- all before the age of 30.
I thought I knew all of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons' hits, but I was wrong. This show takes your from the start of their musical journey to present day and the number one hits that this group had throughout their career was nothing short of unbelievable.
I highly recommend it.
And what would an afternoon at the theatre be without some pictures. Here is a shot of the wife and I waiting to go in.
Some shots from inside the theatre.

No comments: