Thursday, May 27, 2010

You've Changed...

Its official.
We have become "those people" today. Some might say it was only a matter of time, but I can honestly say I didn't see it coming.
Let me explain. Today I said good-bye to my faithful VW Golf, Shorty as we called it,10 years old, and 172,000 kms on the odometer, all ours.At one point Shorty was our main go-to car and he took us everywhere we needed to go without fail. Sure we had our problems, but what relationships doesn't? I guarantee the next person who gets Shorty will be very happy.
But it was time for a change. And after some thought we decided instead of buying a brand new car to replace Shorty, we would live a little and buy two used cars for the price of a brand new one. A BMW convertible for the wife,and a Audi for me.
And that's how we became those people.
What the hell, you only live once, might as well enjoy it. Call it our mid-life crisis, my early 40th birthday gift and a 10th wedding anniversary gift for the wife all wrapped in one...or rather two.
Shorty will be missed, but not for long....

No comments: