Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Racing News: Where in the world is PT?

When the 2008 IndyCar season began without Paul Tracy, it left a lot of people wondering, including Paul Tracy. The Canadian will now add another one-off appearance this season as he’s been invited to participate in the Goodwood Festival of Speed in West Sussex, England, where he will be joined by race world royalty. He will be driving his 1997 race-winning Penske PC26 Champ Car race car, along with a 1966 Lola that two-time Formula 1 World Champion Graham Hill used to tour the F1 circuit.
Commonly referred to as the greatest collection of racing talent in the world, the Goodwood Festival of Speed will have Tracy sharing the spotlight with NASCAR legend Bobby Allison, British Formula 1 star Lewis Hamilton and British racing legend Sir Stirling Moss. NASCAR Executive Vice President Jim France and 1998 Indianapolis 500 winner Eddie Cheever will also take part in the historic event.
The Earl of March and Kinrara, who hosts the legendary Festival of Speed was excited at the news that Paul Tracy would be making the trip to West Sussex.
“I am delighted that Paul has agreed to come to the Festival,” The Earl of March and Kinrara said. “Having some of the great names from American motor sport has always been
an important part of the event’s success, and to add a driver of Paul’s stature to the list of attendees means a great deal to me. I am sure he will have a fantastic time.”
“I’m flattered and humbled by the opportunity to be invited to participate in a historic event such as Goodwood,” Tracy said. “This is an event that has included names like Fittipaldi, Andretti and Moss. Now my name will appear on that list and it’s very exciting. I can’t thank The Earl of March and Kinrara enough for asking me to be a part of what he’s doing.”
Tracy continued, “People often ask me if I’m disappointed that Forsythe decided not to join the IRL, but this year has turned out to be very exciting for me. I’ve tested for Germain Racing, which is a championship team, in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series and I’m also running the Las Vegas Truck Series race for Germain Racing on September 20th. Now I’m heading to the Goodwood Festival of Speed. I couldn’t write the script any better, and I’m having a great time.”
The Goodwood Festival of Speed will take place on July 11th, 12th and 13th in West Sussex, England.
Latest Tracy Rumour, July 8th
"While in The Glen, news leaked that Paul Tracy is headed to the IndyCar Series. Derrick Walker is reportedly preparing a ride for the CART kingpin and likely will be part of the Western Canadian swing into Edmonton. But Don't be surprised if PT shows the week prior at Mid-Ohio."
courtesy of Jack Arute's weekly column on indycar.com

No comments: