Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Last One Out, Turn Out The Lights

As most of you are aware, I work in television. And as I have mentioned in past posts, the TV station that I work for is moving from the suburbs to a location in the downtown core. Last night was our last day of broadcasting from our old location, and my last shift there as well. I have to say, it was a bit of a sad day for me.
I grew up in this area, and as a kid I remember wishing I could work in a place like that every time we would drive by. Who knew that one day I actually would. I got a job at another TV station which broadcasts at this same location ten and half years ago. A year later, the TV station that I currently work at launched, and I have been with them ever since.
So yesterday when I handed in my card to security and drove out that gate for the last time, it was sad to know that this was the last time I would doing this drive. Ten and a half years is a record for me. Wow! Thanks for the memories Agincourt.

1 comment:

purple said...

are you right downtown now?