Saturday, April 26, 2008

Kitchen Reno Day 9 and 10

With an hour and a half to spare before I have to go to work, the mighty kitchen reno is finally done, for now....
Yesterday started off great.
Finished hanging all the doors, and installed all the handles.The granite guy showed up right on time to measure for the counter tops.He used this cool computer thingy-ma-bob to take exact measurements of our counter top and the curves in the walls.And then floor hell happened. Turns out our floor was so uneven we weren't able to install the flooring my wife bought. After much thought, my father (our building Yoda) figured out a way to make everything work.And today we finished laying the rest of the flooring after my father-in-law fixed the slope to the floor.My wife about to lay the last flooring tile.There is still alot more to do, but we now have to wait for the counter tops to be installed before we can proceed. After that it's the back splash, the new light and sink to be installed. And then, hopefully in the next 3 weeks or so, our kitchen will finally be done. Almost time for me to get out of here and go to work. Stay tuned for round 2, coming soon.

No comments: