Thursday, January 31, 2008

Racing News: Team signings

Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing (NHLR) announced today that British driver Justin Wilson will team with American Graham Rahal for the 2008 Champ Car World Series season.
"I am extremely pleased and proud to be joining Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing," said Wilson, 29. "For the entire time I have been competing in Champ Car, they have been the strongest team. Sebastien (Bourdais) has left pretty big shoes to fill, but I have big feet! Joking aside, I am excited to have the opportunity to add to the results Sebastien and other drivers before me have achieved for the team. I am hoping to learn my environment quickly and let the results take care of themselves. I am confident that with having a team like this behind me, we can be championship contenders for 2008."
Pacific Coast Motorsports, a two-car team in the Champ Car World Series, announced tonight that they will expand their racing team with a two-car entry in the Cooper Tires Presents The Champ Car Atlantic Championship Powered by Mazda. PCM also announced their all-American driver lineup, Carl Skerlong and Frankie Muniz.
Muniz, 22, of Los Angeles, will drive the #29 PCM/Mazda/Swift in his sophomore season of Atlantic competition. Most people will recognize Frankie as an Emmy- and Golden Globe-nominated actor, but 2008 will mark his third season as a professional racecar driver.
"Joining PCM is a huge step forward for me in my racing career," said Muniz. "In the three tests I have already completed, I have learned so much and really developed my skills as a racing driver. Tim Lewis, my race engineer, has a championship-winning record behind him and we have gelled really well. I just can't wait for the season to start in April at the Long Beach Grand Prix and I am thrilled to represent a professional racing team like Pacific Coast Motorsports."
I took thes shots right after the race last Year. Muniz finished dead last, but I give him credit. The race was run under a heavy down pour and Muniz was one of the few that didn't crash out. He actually finished the race. These pictures show the former Malcolm in the Middle star, trying to contain his excitment as he replays the race to his crew. The guy in the ClickAway fire suit is his team mate who crashed out durning the race. Good job Frankie!
info courtesy of http://www.champcarworldseries.com, pictures courtesy of me!

No comments: