Thursday, January 31, 2008

Like a fly on the wall...

The wife and I took in the new U2 concert movie the other day.
It was filmed entirely in IMAX format and in 3-D to boot! The experience of sight and sound that this movie provides was undeniably breathtaking. And from a fan's perspective, it was an experience like no other.
One minute you are on stage with Bono and the boys, looking out into a sea of screaming faces, the next you are in the crowd swaying together with your lighters and cell phone lights held high, then you are floating over it all watching it all unfold below you in high definition 3-D wonder.
The 3-D experience was surreal. You could see the sweat drip from Bono's brow, and the grey hair up close. And then someone in the crowd throws some water your way and you duck, before you realize, hey wait a minute, I'm not actually at the concert, I'm sitting here in a theatre watching it.
I can't think of any other band that could of pulled this off better. The only real complaint I had about this movie, was that it wasn't loud enough. I give U23D two thumbs up.

No comments: