Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Biking in the Don Valley part 2

So here it is the last day of October and I am still out there biking. Can you believe that? It is really windy these days, which makes it a tough go on the road bike. And as long as the wind is at my back on the way home, its worth all the effort.It has been ideal weather for mountain biking though, and I managed to get another ride in yesterday. Total kms so far this year, 2359 with no end in sight.Here I am in the middle of a big climb in the Don Valley. This is looking down...... and this is where I still need to go.Tony makes it to the top.The view from the top. That is the Leaside bridge behind me, and the Don Valley below. The DVP passes under the bridge on the far side. You can just make it out if you look in between the power lines.Tony begins the decent to valley below. This is the best part of mountain biking, the down hill part.Here is a shot of the drop off to my right as you descend to the valley floor. It is literally a 50 foot drop if you stray from the trail.

No comments: