Monday, September 21, 2009

Death By Squirrel

What do you think the biggest danger is that I face when I'm out biking?
Cars and their doors?
No.
Bikes or other people walking on the bike path?No.
Parks and Rec. pick-up trucks?
Sewer drains? No and no.
My biggest danger while biking is squirrels. Yes, that's right, squirrels.
(Look closely, top right, for the squirrel about to pounce)
These rodents will sit right in the middle of the bike path and see you coming. But instead of running away, the squirrel will just stand there in the middle of the path, pretending to be invisible. And then, just as you are about to ride past, the squirrel will realize that I can in fact see him and try to run. But before taking off, the stupid squirrel has to decide which way to go, darting back and forth a couple of times before running right into the path that I am usually travelling. And then I have to jam on my breaks to avoid hitting the dumb squirrel.
Why is this so scary?
Because unlike a car, which can literally run right over the damn thing,if you hit one on a bike YOU WILL CRASH -- HARD.
The little fucker will get caught in your wheel and throw you off your bike, in effect, killing itself and you in the process. I kid you not.

No comments: