Friday, June 19, 2009

Racing Returns To Toronto

I took a bike ride out to the Exhibition grounds the other day to check out the construction progress on the Indy Car street course that snakes its way through the fair grounds and onto Lakeshore blvd and as you can see, it is coming along just fine!There was no race last year, due to the demise of the Champ car series and that made me sad. But this year its back under a new name and new ownership. A lot of the same drivers from the Champ Car series who now race in the unified Indy series will be there, including home town fave, Paul "the thrilla from West Hilla" Tracy.
As I mentioned before, I'm finding it hard to get into this Indy Car Racing series like I used to with Champ Car, or even like I do with Formula 1. But I know once I see those cars back where they belong, racing up Lakeshore blvd, that might be just what I need to throw my full support back behind this series.

No comments: