Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Joys Of Winter

So here we are in the middle of winter. Snow, snow and more snow...Don't let the recent above normal (Read warm) weather fool you, we are only half way there. There is still the rest of February to deal with, and then March. It's a good thing I didn't see that groundhog the other day, because I would of kicked his little ass. I guess you can say winter is really starting to get to me. I have been to the airport six times in the last 3 months, and I haven't gone anywhere. I need a break from all this snow and cold and if I can't go somewhere warm, then at least I can take some joy in the recent warm weather (if you call plus 8 degrees warm, which I do after minus fucking 20 degrees for two weeks straight!)
My car doesn't seem to like the snow so much either. This is a shot of my cracked hubcap after sliding into a snowbank and curb. Even less of a problem for me now since I lost it somewhere on the way to work to other day.And of course, the mutts couldn't care less.
Here is a couple of shots of the wife and I following a snow plough the other day on our way to visit her brother up north.
Still following the plough, but what the hell happened to the road?! Believe it or not, this is still the road and that is the snow plough off in the distance. Gotta love rural Ontario this time of year.
And speaking of ploughs...they finally made an appearance on my street the other day. When you don't have a driveway and have to park on the street, the snow becomes your enemy. Snowbanks pile up along the street from those lucky enough to have a driveway taking up valuable real estate, like my parking spot! So when the ploughs finally come down the street, it makes for a happy day.
How messed up is that? Finding happiness from the snow plough ... only six more weeks to spring.

No comments: