Saturday, February 3, 2007

Things you see walking the dog...


Have you ever noticed when you read the paper or watch the news, it always seems like its someone walking their dog that always discovers the dead body or the house on fire? As I was walking Hobbes this morning, I started to think of all the weird and strange things that we have encountered down in the beach during our daily walks and I'm starting to think I maybe that guy....

Check this out. Since Hobbes and I started our daily walks,
we have discovered a dead body,
discovered a cabin cruiser washed up on shore,
discovered a downed power line and had to call the fire department,
aided police with the arrest of a robbery suspect,
saw a guy at 7:30 in the morning on a unicycle ride past me on the snow covered boardwalk,
saw a guy in a wet suit on a surf board paddle past me a hundred feet off shore in the middle of winter,
saw some crazy surfer dudes surfing off the pier behind the Waterworks in the middle of a snow storm,
saw a guy in a wet suit appear as if out of nowhere come out of the water at the Waterworks after swimming all the way from the other side of Ash Bridges Bay (training for a triathlon),
saw a man literally get his ass kicked by another man, then had to break up the fight,
saw a dog literally walk itself almost daily (the dog Pogo would be let out be its owner and he would do a circuit around the Waterworks, then return home!),
saw a dog who will only walk on its front legs with his back legs in the air, because it doesn't like the snow.

And these are just the things that I remember off the top of my head!

And people wonder why I now carry a camera with me every where I go ... how else are you going to believe me?

1 comment:

Arts II said...

Your postings are becoming most insightful as well as informative. Keep it up.