Saturday, February 17, 2007

The joy of street parking

My house is one of two houses on our stretch of street that doesn't have a driveway. And for 1o months of the year this is not a problem. I can usually find a spot within two or three houses from mine anytime of day or night. But as soon as the snow falls, parking becomes a major problem. Snow from ploughing the road and snow from people shovelling their driveways and sidewalks reduce the number of street parking spots. Parking becomes a premium and a major pain in the ass. It would be nice if the people who owned driveways would actually use them, instead of parking their cars on the street. Hey, I know most people own two cars these days, (hell we do!) but could you park them in your driveway? Please? There is nothing that burns me more then not being able to find a spot, because someone has parked their cars in the street and their driveway sits empty. I've had enough of this snow already, only 4 more weeks to spring.

1 comment:

Arts II said...

I've always thought of you aas a contented man but your bolg has indeed shown another side of you.

Delightful!

And your blog is a noteworthy one.