Thursday, July 14, 2011

Honda Indy Toronto: Friday

Part of the reason I don't blog as often anymore is that it has become so labour intensive. And by that I mean it takes me forever to add multiple pictures to a post. I'm not sure if its because my camera's have higher mega pixels or that the temp plate to this program just sucks. I'm finding I no longer have the patience to sit here and wait while these stupid pictures upload. It really is
becoming a pain in the ass. I was going to upload all three days worth of shots from the race, but at the rate its going, it would take me forever. So for now, you get Friday's practice.
I went down to the Honda Indy Toronto on Friday to check out the INDYCAR practice session for their race on Sunday. Admission was free and attendance was definitely up from previous years. The track set up was a little different this year, with all the vendors set up along Lakeshore blvd. The area by the bridge in the infield area had a beer tent and winners circle and foot traffic was directed to either the paddock entrance or towards the vendors along Lakeshore. The convention centre was used as the garage for the NASCAR cars and their trailers. By grouping everything together instead of having it all spread out, gave the impression that there was a lot going on, but this was due to the carefully crafted set up. Most of the grandstands were full, but again they were single rows, not the multiple rows of yesteryear. All the grandstands were open to everyone, which gave me the opportunity to try out my new cameras.
Enjoying the view from my seat.Trying out some of the features on my camera.Me and Paul Tracy. I had the zoom on and didn't realize it when I took this shot.Me and race grand marshal, Dan Aykroyd.Me and this year's Indy 500 winner, Dan Wheldon. Dan did not have a full time ride this year with INDYCAR, so he works as an analyst for the race on Versus. His one and only race was the Indy 500. For me one of the hardest pictures to get over the years has been a picture with Dario Franchitti. This year after years of trying, I finally got a picture with my mythical white whale. Dario Franchitti and Scott Dixon discuss strategy. Helio Castroneves models his new yellow Penske fire suit. James Hinchcliffe (the mayor of Hinchville) debriefs with his engineer.Paul Tracy.Will Power. Justin Wilson discusses his set up.Helio and Tony Kaanan discuss morning practice.

No comments: