Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The summer that was...

Summer officially ended last weekend. And as far as I'm concerned, it was a great one. It turned out to be a busy summer, with lots of great weather and a ton of stuff to do. I took a look at all the pictures I took over the summer and thought I would post some of my favorites. Enjoy...

We kicked off summer a little early this year with a trip to Las Vegas to catch the first race of the the Champ Car season.This has become one of my all time favorite pictures of us. The Champ car race was run in the streets of downtown Las Vegas. This is us on top of a parking garage, taking in the qualifying.We even had a view of the track from our hotel room!Our seats track side in Vegas.And we took in some show as well, while we were there. One of them happened to be Carrot Top's.Our next stop, on my Champ car tri-fecta was the Quebec race, held in Mount-Tremblant. As far as races go, this one was pretty cool. This was the first time that Champ Car had raced here. The site lines are unbelievable, the track was super fast with some crazy elevation changes, and you were allowed to bring into the event with you, as much beer as you could carry! Man you have got to love Quebec! Check out the view from the general admission seats.Headed to our grandstand seats, which for the record were pretty good too.Some shots of the action from Mont-Tremblant.Enjoying the sites and sounds in the village of Mount-Tremblant.The next weekend was the Toronto race. Pilar had to work, so I went by myself. I bought a photo pass which gave me access to the pits and track side. I had the time of my life. Here are the pictures to prove it.OK, so I wasn't totally alone. My buddies made it down for race day.Here are some of my shots from the race.In mid-July we made it down to London, Ontario for the three day "Rock the Park" festival. Its safe to say a good time was had by all.And even with Pilar's extremely busy schedule, we managed to make it the cottage for a few days in August.Calvin perfected his swimming ...... and Hobbes always ready for the save.We even celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary up at the cottage.And the one constant for me all summer long was biking. For my birthday in July, I got a mountain bike from my wife. It is a blast!I set a goal of riding 2000 kms this season. I am happy to say, to date I have rode 2073 kms and am still going. There appears to be no end in sight to this summer like weather, I will keep riding as long as I can before I have to put the bikes away for the winter.And that's the kind of summer its been. Hope you have enjoyed your summer as much as I have enjoyed mine.

No comments: