Friday, August 24, 2007

Happy anniversary

It turns out that as Aug.18, I have officially been working with my present company for 10 years! And if I do a little math, I first started with this company in the mail room when I was 18 years old. I did that for a year and then returned to my university studies. To my chagrin, I was offer a part time position with said company to work in one of their trucks on the weekends and fix the problems said company's customers had with any of their products. I did this every weekend throughout college and then made it full time when I couldn't find a job in my field of study. By the time I finally did land a job in my chosen field, I had been with the company for 6 years. I moved to London Ont, worked in my field of study for two years, but could not land anything permanent. Eventually I came home, called up my old employer and got my job back driving around a red truck with the ladders on top. I did this for a year and a half. I heard about an opening at another job in the city more in tune with my field of study. I applied, got the job and again left my employer of many years. I enjoyed my new job, a year after I was hired I was offered a promotion in a new venture with my new company. I accepted and have been with them for 9 years now. Here comes the interesting part. About 7 years ago, my old employer bought the new company I was working for. So those 10 years that I just put in, counts toward time in the old company. How cool is that. Since I was 18 years old I have worked for this company off and on for almost 17 years! Holy Cow!! Where does the time go?! As for the name of the company I work for? I really can't say, but I'm sure if you know me, you know of whom I speak!
Happy anniversary to me!

No comments: